Tuesday 19 June 2012

Banana Walnut Cake with Valrhona Chocolate Ganache

Assalamualaikum, hello beautiful peeps! I have been away for a bit, yes! It's the time of the year where all of us have been bogged down with office work....and I have been super busy in the kitchen as well. My orders are full till the first week of July, and I hope to let the ovens rest from thereon, until after Syawal! I have also been busy with my other venture! I'm tired on certain days, but am super excited, and that has been keeping me going! Alhamdulillah Khadijah was offered with a JP-Mara Scholarship. And, inshaallah after our appeal to the sponsors she will continue her A-Levels and sit for her exams next fall as scheduled in Taylors, and the sponsors will resume her scholarship when she continues with her first year in UK next year, inshallah......she and the private education of my other children have been the push and motivation to strive hard.....in case you wonder:p

I have been trying a few new recipes, simple ones amidst my busy schedule, but let me share this one first! I have done this before, but I added chopped chocs in the batter...think banana and chocolates are superb combos!


Ingredients
175g all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp salt
125g butter-melted
120g sugar
2 large eggs
300g bananas-I used 450g pisang emas and reduced the sugar to 100g
80g walnuts-I added!
100g sultanas- I omitted this
1 tsp vanilla extract

For Choc Ganache
Boil on medium fire 250ml whip cream (at least 30% fat content),remove from fire, pour 250g dark choc (I used Valrhona), let stand for 3 minutes and then stir till well incorporated. Let is set for about 1 hour in the fridge. I also added a pinch of salt...yumms!


Method
1.Preheat oven at 160C, Prepare baking tins...I used muffin cups this time.
2.Sift flour, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3.Melt butter, let cool, add in sugar and eggs, whisk lightly. Add in vanilla.
4.Add in flour mixture. Mix bananas, walnut, dark chocolate.
5.Bake for about 40 minutes.

I had one after they came out from the oven last nite, and another for breakfast this morning. Khadijah had 5 ehehe....

...and here's some bakes I made a couple of weeks ago...tqs peeps, you know who you are...terimaksih daun keladi esok lusa order lagi!















See you in the next post...errr soon I hope, bye xoxo, Yani  the Kitchen Guardian....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails