Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mama Dorosch's Carrot Cake

I love Carrot Cake...we all as in my family love this cake! I had a slice of this when Rima came over about 2 months ago....it was gorgeous, couldn't describe the taste in words! Yeah , I have tried a few Carrot cakes recipes, they all are lovely including this one. And they all have their own peculiar carrot and walnut and cheese tastes!

Let's go straight to the recipe, I haven't much time! But updating my recipes is a must, hehe! 


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups corn oil
 4 eggs
2 cups flour sifted with 2 tsp baking powder and 2 tsp bicarb soda and 2 tsp cinnamon (yummsss) and 1/4 tsp salt
3 cups packed grated carrots
3/4 cups walnuts
1/2 cups raising, I added


Method
Preheat oven at 160C. Prepare 2, 9 inches cake tins. Grate carrots...urrgh tak suka! Chop the walnuts, no need to roast, I didnt! Sift the flours and cinnamon and bicarb soda and baking powder and salt. Beat oil and sugar and vanilla, I added. Add eggs one by one until batter well incorporated. Add flour mix in 3 additions, fold till well mixed. lastly add carrots and walnut. Divide equally and bake for about 40 mins.

Let cool and cover with Cream Cheese icing...go figure this one ya:p

...and here's some bakes that I made....thank you lovely peeps, you know who you are, thank you for supporting, lain kali order lagi!


Assorted Macarons with Butterscotch, Peanut Butter Cheese and Passionfruit and Melon fillings!


Victoria Sandwich Cake


Red Velvet Cake


Devil's Food Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese, Choc Ganache and Strawberries


Devil's Food Chocolate Cake and the works...cupcakes!



Rainbow Cake ala Hello Kitty!


Baby Pavlovas with Whip Cream, Vanilla, Blueberries and Passion Fruit!


Malt Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream...super yummss!


Marbled Effect Macaron Shells


Macarons that went to Edinburgh for my cousin Ayul!


Nizzar's favourite, Devil's Food Chocolate Cake with 3 layers of Choc Ganache!


Vanilla Cupcakes, Magnolia Bakery recipe...the best for me!


Assorted Macarons, Butterscotch, Caramel and Raspberry filling!


Victoria Sandwich Cake..gothic!


Love this toppers done by my fellow baker in Ganu...Rina!


Sicilian Orange Cake with Choc Rice and sandwiched with Choc Buttercream and covered with Vanilla Buttercream!


.....owh, wait up for the Mini series coming soon!


My birthday cake from Delectable...sedap but the kids had a slice each and asked to give my daily maid, the rest of the portions!


...that boy Muhammad...

....and enjoy this video for all mothers and mothers to be...Happy Birthday Kitchen Guardian on 8.5.2012...alhamdulillah I lived for this birthday. Khadijah posted this video on my FB wall yesterday....



12 comments:

shniza said...

Happy birthday! So it is so obvious that your cakes are waayyy better than the cake from the shop...:)). Your carrot cake looks ( and i am sure, taste) ssooo yummy!!!

JH said...

Love the video!!

(And the yummies look great, as usual - and I'm sure they taste even better!)

Anonymous said...

Telan air liur *gulp*

-halina

Edi said...

happy birthday KG!
The carrot cake recipe is very similar to the one i have.. mmg sedap.. diri sendiri pun asyik craving.. haha.. and the rest of the cakes are gorgeous as always..

the video left me teary-eyed. miss my mom so much, cuti sekolah i nak balik trg! yahoooo!

Dinnerware Set said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dzah said...

K.Yani, lebih kurang berape byk carrot nk kena parut ni?

Cake2u said...

happy birthday kak yani....semoga sentiasa di murahkan rezeki dan berbahagia selalu...as always...asyik telan air liur jer kalau masuk kat sini..he..he..

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Everything up there made me stunned! Such lovely bakes...you are amazing! :)

mayangbakingmadness said...

so cantik .. entah bila bleh jd cam akak ...

momluvyou [at] gmail [dot] com said...

Salam KG

I would like to order the Devil's Food Cake for my mom's and daughter's birthday celebration.

How to proceed ordering?

Please advice :)

Thanks in advance :)

momluvyou [at] gmail [dot] com

Anonymous said...

boleh nak order . how can i contact u

Yan said...

Happy belated bday!! sorry i missed it! lewat gile...sama lah kite taurus, super cool peeps ahaks!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails