Thursday 12 April 2012

Today Matters

After a series of events that have taken place lately, I have gone back to my roots....I realised that today matters! If you loved your children, show them that you loved them, today! If you are soul searching and not knowing where to go, don't wait till tomorrow, do it today! Well, after the tsunami warning yesterday (I was filling my macarons and setting up a macaron pyramid), I realised that I have kept postponing this part of my life, and this is a big one...sigh! If health matters to you, start by looking at your diet and scrutinise your food intake...yeah telling me who bakes and crave my own bakes....we have to start somewhere, but do it today!

And another big one, I have never really bothered about my finances, really! As long as I have the means to pay my bills and create some more bills and spend and splurge, I was fine....but last Tuesday, I sat down and started looking at my finances...counting my liabilities and some teeny weeny assets.....there is a rm20k bill from the Inland Revenue saying that I did not pay my subscription last, year...I will sort that out next week...all documents to back me up are ready....and no....I don't earn so much from my bakes....

And....I have come to a point where I am seriously considering baking full time! That is a "today matters" matter to me now....I'm strategising and making all efforts to make that happen....I think a series of people whom I came across this past few days were all "planned by Him"...I spoke a lot about passion and uncertainties with Saiful Nang! and when we had our Managemnt Employee Meet last Tuesday, Dato Shaz spoke about he had achieved in the last 2 years, and his aspirations for the company in the next 4 years...."Sometimes you have to have faith in what you can't see"....so true! So inspiring.....and in the latets Donna Hay's issue, Donna who started with publishing her own book and got noticed by Marie Claire magazine said, "...a little drive, a dash of perfectionisim, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves never goes unnoticed"....yup, today matters and am taking action!


I have not been baking leaisurely for some reasons, and time is one of the reason. Anyway, I made this delicious so called bakery style Vanilla cupcakes. I came across the recipe from Sweetapolita blog which originates from the Food Network...

Bakery Style Vanilla Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups self raising flour, sifted with ...
...1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
 1 cup (227g ) butter
2 cups, I used 1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup (250 ml) milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt , I added

Cream butter and sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one by one,  add flours in 3 additions , alternate with milk in 2 additions. Bake in souffle or muffin cups for about 20 minutes at 160C. 

....and here's some bakes I made the past couple of weeks! Notioce that they were all from my Instagram...I have to send my camera and lens for servicing...they were mouldy, there were fungus....hmm...another "today matters" thingy....I must get a box with silica gel and store my cameras and not allow them to just sit on my kitchen top :p 


Hantaran macarons, Tqs Idrina!


Barbie Princess! Tqs Zalifah, you too look like a princess!


Apple Crumble Tart....


...and a Victoria sandwich Cake, tqs Jamaliah!


A Hummingbird Cake for Anita and Anissa!, tqs lovely peeps!


A Hantaran Set for her secretary...


...and some macarons for her, tqs Muzal! and tq muahs muahs for those who have been oreding my macarons!


A Turquoise Rainbow cake, tqs Leanne!


....aome macarons for her father...


...and her and her neighbour, tqs Farida!


I have been making quite a bit of macarons lately, tqs to this KitchenAid (and tqs to Rima for ferrying her from Spore), the wire whisk is superb for making meringues!


Think this picture could be used for a Silpat advert, LOL...

Have a brilliant week ahead, hope I can update more often!:p:p:p 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!kenwood ade, kitchenaid pn ade..so envy..next time nk suruh kak Rima bawak utk ria jugak la..ni yg ade free 3 bowl tu ke kak??

Anonymous said...

KG,

kat mana nak beli happy bday tag yg kat barbie cake tu? ke u tempah? care to share tempah kat mana? tks

Zatil said...

Thx kak Yani, for sharing the inspirations..in deed true, to inspire, u'd need an inspiration!

MamaTim said...

Yani, to me.. whatever happens in near future, whatever U decide later. U already are a success story. Well done darling.

Unknown said...

go for it! i pray for your success.. insyaallah.. and may Allah gives barokah in your "today matters".
p/s: i have made yr MIL's victoria sandwich cake. alhamdulillah.. it was well received. thank u for sharing the recipe!!

Azfa said...

Kak Yaniiiiiiiiiiiii...we love u!!! hugs hugs..jom jumpa

Related Posts with Thumbnails