Thursday 26 April 2012

Beef Bacon Cheese and Chives Scones!

....so I was not well on Tuesday, started having back pains and runny nose from Monday afternoon, at work. The whole works came on Monday night, I couldn't even clean my kitchen....Ibraheem kindly helped washed the dishes! I jumped on snoozeland. On Tuesday, I went to the GP, took my breakfast and the medicine and dropped by the Inland Revenue. Have to sort out the bill of RM20k and file in this years returns! Done that, and I headed home. Hajar and Muhammad were at Aunty Roopa's.....I dozed off a bit, got up groggy and made this savoury scones! What prompted me to make this? The delicious savoury scones that I had with Sheriza some two weeks ago were still lingering in my taste buds!...and you know, to make scones is super quick!


Ingredients...recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp cold butter, cubed, I chopped!
1 cup grated cheese, I used mature cheddar
1/3 cups chives, chopped
12 slices bacon, I used beef bacon, chopped and sautee without oil until they are dry
3/4 whip cream , and 2 tbsp milk to brush, I used my fingers and dabbed the scones before baking!


Method
I mixed all the ingredients together using my fingers, and later rub the butter until they are well incorporated in the mixture and resembles bread crumbs. Then, I lightly knead the dough to form a ball and press into an 8 inches round cake tin. Dab the dough with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for about 20 to 25 minutes! Awesome, sedap, enjoy! How can I describe them!

...and some cakes I made last week!



Rainbow cakes for Aunty Buntat and Asmah!  


Made this macarons for Nita and Pidah!


Devils Food Choc Cake with Choc Ganache and Peanut Butter cheese with Maltesers for Zam Aiza! 


Devils Food Choc Cake for Farrah and Adillah!


Red Velvet Cakes for Najihah from JB and Wahida!


Najihah also ordered a small Victoria Sandwich Cake!

Thank you beutiful peeps for this orders and for reading :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yani, the whip cream, is it 3/4 cup?

fulltime mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails