Friday 28 October 2011

Vanilla Cupcake with Creme Fraiche

I guess I am old fashioned....the cake that I like most and can never be sick with is Vanilla or Butter cake! So far, I really love the Victoria Sandwich cake! And, I have been trying recipes to get the perfect one, in terms of taste and most importantly, the texture. It has to be dense, at the same time moist, even if stored in the fridge for a few days.

I found this recipe from dailydelicious, and Pook actually uses creme fraiche, ie a French sour in the batter. I followed her instruction and made my own creme fraiche. I love the cake, and of course hubs was crazy about it.....he loved this like Dorie's Perfect Party Cake! Except that this cake is more yellow, of course it uses whole eggs, unlike Dorie's Party cake that uses egg whites only!
Ingredients
125g butter, I used Salted Anchor butter
125g sugar
125g selfraising flour
2 eggs
3 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
Cream butter and sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one by one until just combined. Add creme fraiche and fold in self raising flour. Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 160C.
Creme Fraiche
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp natural yoghurt

Mix them together and let them rest on your kitchen counter top, but not hot for a day, and chill in the fridge over night before using.
I served my cakes with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and top with store bought daffodils sugar icing...just love the subdued yellow colour...reminds of spring in Aber....even though it feels like autum in KL now with the rain and wind and gloomy weather, haha!....let one's imagination go wild thinking about the days in Aber, in London....haha!
My exboss requested me to make this cakes for her son's birthday last week...I tried to shy away, as I couldn't possibly make Angry Birds out of buttercream, no way hose...my hands are too stiff....so I googled and had pictures of Angry Birds on my phone while doing this in fondant...not bad huh? For one who was not born to be a sugar artist, wakaka....I can't believe I'm doing this, actually!
I decided to make Oreo Cuppies as Choc Cuppies would be too plain!
Of course Pn requested for her Devil's Food Choc Cake, whic I tooped with chopped Snickers, voila...wish I could pinch some...and she requested that I made some extra cuppies for her staff......have not heard from her or bumped into her, but I heard from my counterpart at the other office that the cuppies finished in almost a blink...hehe , good! Happy to hear!

Have a wonderful weekend peeps! I am just amazed with the blessings from Him...and yup I do believe in self talk, the power of  subconscious mind...if every thing goes well, I will share with you some news (exciting), later...hehe....just wait up!....and phleaze try all this simple recipes ya! Tqs for reading!

3 comments:

cahya indah said...

that Devil's Food Choc Cake topped with chopped Snickers looks scrumptious, auntie Yani..

Anonymous said...

The Angry Birds cupcakes are so so cute!

*dying slowly from jealousy*

:D

Edi said...

kak yani, the recipe is similar to the one i pakai for all my cupcakes.. except it uses creme fraiche... i think boleh jugak ganti dengan double cream or milk, pun sedap!

yr angry birds CANTIK! my husband tengok and siap tunjuk kat i lagi.. (dia tgk kat my hp coz i put yr blog icon on my hp's screen)... percayalaaaahhhhhhh..... :)))

a sugar artist u are!

Related Posts with Thumbnails