Monday 20 June 2011

Lazy Bone Weekend!

Yeah, that was me last weekend! Finished all my orders on Saturday at 6 am, brushed my teeth, washed my face and went to pasar tani! Fadhil (who takes care of the Ayer Baloi home) was coming for lunch with his family! I made Gulai Senangin, Udang Galah Goreng Titik Serai, Pucuk Paku Masak Lemak.
Bought this Tepung Pelita for dessert....
....and whipped this Hazelnut Macarons...they were overfolded, hence the shorty frills, I used Jill Colonna's recipe....not perfect as they turn out to look, but the taste was divine, I fiiled with Newtulla...haha, I mixed hazelnut paste with dark chocolate ganache....they were gone in almost a blink!
Come Sunday, I was supposed to make some macarons...but hubs and kids protested saying that they didn't want to see any mac making that day...and my...look at Muhammad, throwing tantrums and crancky in the kitchen....
all teary eyed, wanting to 'play' with my hair and just want to be cuddled....so no macaron making yesterday until all dozed off and that was 11 pm!
I made these for Izzat's birthday, Khadijah's BMF.....he loves macarons!
....and shared this with my lovely fellow bakers Sizuka and Mrs Plain June...they were far from perfect! I decided to divide my Italian Meringue batter and coloured them...the purples ones were slightly overfolded, hence the short skirt and lopsided...but hey! I loved making them and especially sharing them with loved ones! Filled with Italian Meringue buttercream infused with Yam, Coffee and Coconut!
Then, we went to hub's cousin's house for some Tahlil prayers and Father's Day celebration! So, I didn't cook lunch yesterday, and brought along this Devil's Food Choc Cake cuppies, I used Valrhona powder and buttons...and thank God they were enough to go round and gone the moment they were served!
While we chatted and watched Luqman's remixes of music videos, Khadijah played around with the Iphone4 that I gave hubs for his birthday...and came out with this collage!  Wawa...this is for you...yeah your aunty is the Kitchen Guardian! Hehe!

As promised I will be offering some macarons...I will keep to my promise, inshaallah, just keep a look out here ya! Have a brilliant, healthy and productive week ahead!

14 comments:

Tina said...

oh Muhammad!! mommyyyyy...please spend some time with me!! :) adorable lah!

love the sweet lavender and yellow macs!! lovely!!

Sizuka said...

k.yani,

muhammad is super cute!!geram! next time i'll bring iman along since dia suka sgt main dgn iman.

thank you so much for the macs. sedap! iffah loves it. it was gone before I can say "aaaaa".

devil food choc cuppies, as always, so pretty and irresistable. :D

Unknown said...

kak yani.. cik abe saya cakap yr macs sedap! dia tanya saya boleh buat camtu tak? aiyaaaaa... nangis!!!!!!!! huhuhuhu..

btw, looking at your so-called lazy bone.. malu cek! my lazy-bone weekend would be hugs & snugs atas katil! :p

1na said...

kak yani,

hopefully dpt la merasa mac akak... jauh sy dr putrajaya (jer) hehehe

KG said...

tina, you know what i mean kan!

KG said...

szuka...nxt time k, inshaallah!

KG said...

mrs plain june....so...bila lagi cik abe dah tanya!

KG said...

mrs plain june....so...bila lagi cik abe dah tanya!

KG said...

ina...dekat jer, collect weekend!

Unknown said...

bila yg kecik buat tantrums semua baking kena stop hahah my case klo byk sgt interruptions gerenti x menjadik, ade je lah yg silap buat...whr to get Valrhona powder kt sini eh? kat ganu ni mmg x jumpa! Kak Yani, nxt trip i pegi KL, i want to order ur macs..huhuhu

Anonymous said...

Gosh, your lazy bone is perhaps my most hardworking one hoccay! ;P

Lee said...

Hi, I have not eaten that tepung pelita more than 25 years! Your pics really brought back memories. Love the cakes and cookies, and your humour.
Have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

Hiemash Erdawathy Hussain said...

your choc cuppies is so choc devil..bole order tak :)

Anonymous said...

kak, so cantik how u manage to pipe tha chocolate ganache on the cuppies. looks almost perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails