Monday 29 November 2010

Defying Gravity

I'll be pretty tight in the office and in the kitchen till X'mas...but...defying gravity...yes, that was what I did last weekend, losing love...no...I have plenty of them from family and support from friends! Yup! I decided to take up a challenge to do 200 macarons in these colours and different flavours for Lisa of Sugarflours for a towering wedding cake!

Lisa called me while I was holidaying in Alor Setar last weekend regarding the order....I wanted to turn down, but I thought if I didn't try I wouldn't know my limits....so...armed with 300g egg whites (of which 150g went down the drain due to poor macorrange and wet weather, my first batch of macarons didn't pied!!!you!!!??), almond flour, icing sugar, caster sugar, my oven and loads of faith....I did it! The fillings were Swiss Meringue Buttercream in Strawberry, Lemon, Mango and Rose.....of course I must thank my hubby for minding the kids and Wiz and Rima for lending their ears during needy times!

I decided to do the shells first, and store them in airtight containers. Since the function was on Sunday, I filled and assembled the macarons at Sugarflours' kitchen on Saturday....and I delivered 210 macarons! Yeay!

All rights to this cake belong to Sugarflours
The macarons were supposed to be placed on the top tier of this cake, and should look like the cake below.....I was in awe when I saw this cake that day...magnificient and that's what Sugarflours do...awesome cakes!
All rights to this cake belong to its owner!
Thank you Sugarflours, thank you special peeps, you know who you are, and am waiting for the next challenge....in the mean time, enjoy Glee's Defying Gravity!


9 comments:

Cilantro said...

Hi Yani,

Wow!!!!! these macarons looks gorgeous! It looks like you've mastered the technique.

Take care!

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Congrats Yani! The cake with the macarons and your effort are definitely defying gravity.

Really glad it turned out ok. Well done!

Anonymous said...

*Rubbing my chest*, phew lega I Yanie. I was so worried since you had other orders. I'm sure you learnt a lot from this experience and hopefully you'll overcome any macaron anxieties next big order to come. Congratulations.

Rima said...

Congrats dear!! yayyyy... got to love good ending ey :o)

Edi said...

wow!! congrates kak yani!! u go girl!! the macs look gorgeous!!

LifeBloom said...

OMG3x...watch out La Duree!!!

Tina said...

Yani!! put up your hand, I wanna give you a HI-FIVE!! way to go, girl!! the macs look gorgeous!! I love the colours!!

Tina said...

tengok gambar2 you sekali lagi....canteknyerrrr yaniiiii...kena comment sekali lagi!!!! hehehehehe

noriza said...

Cayalah Yani!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails